CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR THE 2023' ECSWE PORTO-MATOSINHOS - 20-23 OF JUNE 2023 OPEN !
The ECSWE 2023, organized by the European Association of Schools of Social work and the Higher Institute of Social Work of Porto, is pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts for the European Conference on Social Work Education – Diversity and Social Work Education: Building Bridges for Sustainable Futures.
Authors are warmly invited to submit abstracts for Oral Paper, Symposium, Workshop, and Poster presentations. The conference invites SW educators, researchers, students, service users, activists and practitioners to engage in collaborative, innovative, creative, and proactive approaches to developing social work curricula, including ethics and values, theories, models and interventions. We aim to involve all partners in co-building bridges to promote community development, active citizenship, peace, well-being and sustainability.
1. Oral Paper Presentation – The oral paper presentation may be authored by an individual or by a group. The abstract should be in line with the main theme of the conference and linked to the conference’s sub-themes. The oral presentations will be grouped in parallel sessions based on the sub-themes. The abstract submitted should be 250 words or less.
2. Poster Presentation – The poster presentation may be created by an individual or by a group and is to be displayed on a portable wall. At times, the author(s) of the poster will accompany it, to answer questions that people have. To apply for a poster presentation, the author(s) must submit an abstract of a maximum of 250 words.
3. Symposium – The symposium presentation is a self-organised seminar of three to four papers on a common topic which are presented within the same session and are in line with the conference’s main theme, as well as one or more of the sub-themes. When applying for a symposium, one person is responsible for submitting the following:
- An abstract (maximum 250 words) that describes the theme of the symposium, and which argues for the importance of it within the framework of the conference;
- An abstract (maximum 250 words) for each of the papers included in the proposed symposium.
You will also have to indicate which person will be the symposium convener. We will only communicate with this person. Preference will be given to symposia that demonstrate cohesiveness across presentations and to presentations strongly linked to the central theme/sub-themes of the conference. Symposia will be accepted or rejected as a whole, not in parts.
4. Workshop – A self-organized seminar of one or more presentations relevant to the conference theme/sub-themes. Workshops are intended to be thoroughly interactive with considerable participation and discussion from those attending. Workshops may have an explicit agenda of training participants on a given topic or of generating an interest group or a network for future collaboration. If applying for a workshop, please submit an abstract of 250 words or less including a description of the content and how it will be delivered (pedagogical methods, etc.).
Call for Abstracts Deadline: November 20th 2022.
Notification of Abstract acceptance: January 20th 2023.
Authors early registration Deadline: February 28th 2023.
WEBSITE OF THE CONFERENCE: https://ecswe2023.eventqualia.net/en/home/