International week HOGENT (Belgium) 23-26 March 2020 ‘Global engagement’
Home › Forums › Professional collaboration and international exchanges › International week HOGENT (Belgium) 23-26 March 2020 ‘Global engagement’
- 2020-02-18 at 10:28 #17089
HOGENT University of Applied Sciences and Arts is delighted to invite you and your colleagues to the HOGENT International Week, held from 23 till 26 March 2020 in Ghent (Belgium). This edition’s central theme is ‘Global engagement: working towards meaningful collaborations all over the world’. Beside general keynotes and topics on global engagement and collaboration, there will be some guest lecturers on social work topics like human rights and professional ethics. Please feel free to share this event with your colleagues or through your communication channels.
The general program has been fine-tuned. Have a look at the sessions we’ve lined up and the social activities that are planned on our website: https://www.hogent.be/en/international-week/
As you will notice, the program is divided in four tracks:
– Global Engagement @ HOGENT:Workshops and presentations about the International Week’s central theme: Global engagement
– Share your expertise @ HOGENT: Workshops and presentations by experts for other experts. In other words: peer-to-peer sessions to share knowledge and expertise
– Engage with students or colleagues @ HOGENT: Guest lectures and meetings amongst experts and participants individually. Guest lectures can be agreed between the participant and the coordinator of internationalization of each study programme. Requests for meetings with participants and experts can be done on the registration form and will be organized by the International Office of HOGENT.
Are you still interested in giving a guest lecture to HOGENT students, but you didn’t apply yet? Please get in touch as soon as possible and indicate in which Bachelor programme you would like to teach, and on what topic you would like to teach. We will let you know asap if there is still a spot available in the teaching schedule of each Bachelor programme during the International Week.
– Discovery @ GENT: Networking and cultural program, entirely organized and guided by our students of the bachelor programme Business Management
Interested in participating? Please fill out the registration form by Friday 28 February 2020. You are also most welcome to forward this invitation to any colleague who wants to join our International Week!
Accommodation suggestions can be easily found via https://visit.gent.be/en.
We’d be more than happy to answer any question you may have and we hope to meet you in March!
Senior staff member – lector
EASSW Executive Committee member
University College Ghent
Faculty of Education, Health and Social Work – Social Work Department