Welcome to the website of the European Association of Schools of Social Work (referred to as either “we” or EASSW). We appreciate your interest in our organization, our priorities and on Social Work higher education in general. The privacy of our users is important to us. Thus, the processing of your personal data is done within the legal basis of the data protection provisions (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) of the European Union, and in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (referred to as “GDPR”).
This Policy is valid for all pages hosted on the Website. It is not valid for the pages hosted by third parties to which EASSW may refer and whose privacy policies may differ. Therefore, EASSW cannot be held responsible for any data processed on these external websites.
The EASSW website is hosted by OVH,
2, rue Kellermann, 59100 Roubaix – FRANCE
OVH website page: www.ovh.com
- Purpose of data protection
- Data Controller and Data Protection Office – contact details
Christos, Panagiotopoulos, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary of the EASSW.
- Information collected automatically by the server:
- the domain with which the user connects to the Internet;
- the pages visited;
- the type of browser used;
- the platform and/or operating system used;
- the IP address of the connected user;
- the data related to traffic as well as the date and time of access;
- the location data;
- type of search engine as well as the keywords used to find the Website.
This data is not nominative and this information is kept for statistical purposes only and to improve access to the Website.
Use of data
Data collect via the EASSW website is solely used to administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes. Furthermore, this data is used to improve the EASSW website and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for users. This data is also used as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- When and how is data collected?
EASSW collects personal data when you:
- Subscribe to the EASSW Newsletter
- Contact EASSW through our contact form
- Register for an EASSW conference or event
- Apply for Membership
- Are an official representative and/or contact person of a potential member institution, organization or partner
Use of personal data collected
Data as collected is used to:
- Send invitation for participation in EASSW activities or events
- Seek views/assistance on topics related to higher education in general as well as EASSW priorities
- Deliver information about EASSW, other events and activities related to higher education
- Deliver services as requested
- Retain a record of our communications with you for potential follow up
EASSW maintains mailing lists for members, affiliates, partners, EASSW newsletter, and events. These lists include the contact details (name, email address, and position) of relevant personnel in each organization. These lists are stored and managed by the EASSW and are used to send relevant information to members, affiliates, and/or partners.
For each of the above-mentioned databases, it is the responsibility of the contact person to inform the EASSW (email@example.com) when the information should be modified or removed completely.
The EASSW Newsletter form collects information on an SSL online secured server on https://mailchimp.com. We only use the data for the purpose of sending out the EASSW Newsletter. This data is not shared with third parties. You are free to unsubscribe from the EASSW Newsletter at any moment at:
- Linked websites, social media and cookies
The EASSW website uses social plug-ins from the social media LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. When you click on a social media button, your browser uses this social plug-in to set up a direct connection to the server of the respective social network. EASSW has no influence on the way the data is collected by these social media operators.
Information about the scope and purpose for which data is processed, collected and used by social media operators can be found in each company’s data protection policy:
Details about Google and its use of personal data can be obtained from the following address: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html, data privacy overview:
Most cookies are only required for as long as you access the current service or continue your session. They are removed or they expire when you leave the EASSW website. These are session cookies.
Permanent cookies are saved for a longer period. Their role is to recognize a user when opening the EASSW website at a later point. It means that the user can call up saved settings again, e.g. specify the relevant language. They are automatically erased upon the expiry of a certain period.
- Your privacy rights
You have the following rights:
- To access and update your information
- To obtain a copy of your personal data. There is no fee for this unless you make repeated requests for the same data. We will provide your data as soon as possible
- To have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete – at most within one month
- To have processing of your data restricted or stopped if you contest its accuracy, or object to its processing. In such cases, processing will be restricted until the matter is resolved. We will inform you of that resolution.
- To object if you consider you have grounds relating to your particular circumstances
Any individual has the opportunity to access, review, update, and delete any Personal Data EASSW holds, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for this purposes .
- Questions about this policy