Outputs and Final Report from the project - Service-learning – Engaged and Collaborative Teaching and Learning in Social Work
Service-learning – Engaged and Collaborative Teaching and Learning in Social Work
The purpose of the project was strength capacities of HEIs and community organizations in service-learning (SL) implementation and improve quality of social work education.
The project was implemented in the period since June 2021 until May 2022 in cooperation of 5 universities from 4 countries: Matej Bel University, Faculty of Education, Slovakia (coordinator); The University of Presov in Presov, Faculty of Arts, Institute of Educology and Social Work, Slovakia; Ilia State University Faculty of Arts and Science, Social Work Program; National University of Kyiv-
Mohyla Academy, School of Social Work; University of Belgrade – Faculty of Political Sciences, Department for Social Work and Social Policy.
The main outputs of the projects were:
1) THE TRAINING ABOUT SERVICE-LEARNING FOR UNIVERSITY TEACHERS. The training was organized by Matej Bel University for teachers from Slovakia, Ukraine, Serbia, and Georgia in online version. Together 14 participants were participated in the training. You can see materials from the
training in the moodle platform here: https://lms-ext.umb.sk/course/view.php?id=135
2) VIRTUAL CROSS-NATIONAL EUROPEAN SEMINAR ON SERVICE- LEARNING IN SOCIAL WORK EDUCATION. The international seminar “Service-learning – Engaged and Collaborative Teaching and Learning in Social Work; took place online on 17 March 2022. All presentations from the seminar were recorded and are available on the website of the project here: https://servicelearningsocialwork.eu/international-seminar/program . They can be also used as a educational tool.
3) GUIDE FOR COMMUNITY PARTNERS ABOUT SERVICE-LEARNING IN SOCIAL WORK
EDUCATION. The guide aims to help community partners understand service- learning and its benefits and prepare them to implement service-learning projects in cooperation with the universities. The guide is available in English, Slovak, Ukrainian, Georgian and Serbian version.
You can download all versions here:
GUIDE FOR COMMUNITY PARTNERS – ENGLISH VERSION
GUIDE FOR COMMUNITY PARTNERS – SLOVAK VERSION
GUIDE FOR COMMUNITY PARTNERS – UKRAINIAN VERSION
GUIDE FOR COMMUNITY PARTNERS – GEORGIA VERSION
GUIDE FOR COMMUNITY PARTNERS – SERBIAN VERSION
4) CROSS-NATIONAL SCIENTIFIC STUDY ON SERVICE-LEARNING IN SOCIAL WORK EDUCATION IN PARTNERS COUNTRIES. The study was prepared with the title: Potential of Service-Learning in Social Work Education: Experiences of Three Countries
5) WEBSITE FOR THE SEMINAR WITH ALL MATERIALS. We published the
website in which you can find all material produced during the project,
information about the project, as well as all videos from the international