University of Trento – Department of Sociology and Social Research
The University of Trento was founded in 1962 and it currently counts more than 16000 students and about 600 professors and researchers. The Department of Sociology and Social Research is one of the eleven departments and tree centres of the University of Trento. It was officially opened in 2012, but we have to remember that the Trento’s Faculty of Sociology was instituted in 1962, being the first Faculty of Sociology in Italy. The Department of Sociology and Social Research is regularly classified in the top Italian rankings and it si member of several European and International networks.
The Department of Sociology and Social Research offers:
Undergraduate courses in:
- Sociology: is a social science concerned with the study of society and human behaviour and relationships. It uses empirical investigation and critical analysis to understand social order and problems and changes within society, organisations and networks.
- International Studies: are concerned with the study of the major political, economic, social, and cultural issues that dominate the international agenda. Prevalent topics are politics, economics and law on a global level.
- Socia Work: is a practice-based profession and an academic discipline that promotes social change and development, social cohesion, and the empowerment and liberation of people. Predominant topics are sociology, psychology, law and social policies.
Master’s courses in:
- Sociology and Social Research: Teachings concern sociological theory and methods and techniques needed to carry out research in on the social world.
- Management of Organisations and Territory: It is a multidisciplinary profile characterised by teachings of sociology of territory, organisation, work, economy and innovation.
- Methodology, Organisation and Evaluation of Social Services: It is the master’s course of Social Work and it permits to develop and improve the competences of Social Workers, regarding methods and techniques of Social Work, but it is also focused on administration and coordination of social services and the study of social policies.
- Data Science: This Master of Science will provide graduates with a deep theoretical, methodological and technical knowledge in mathematics and statistics, computer science, and also with a specific domain expertise in fields like Social and Political Sciences, Psychology and Business.